I have raised MAVEN-334 to cover these issues.

- see jira.werken.com

Vincenz Braun wrote:

Hello,

i do not know whether this is the right place for this issue, but i do not know the component responsible for creating
the manifest files in maven.

I really appreciate that maven builds jars with version information in the
manifest. But this is not conforming to the extension versioning
specification.

1. Why not using the correct attribute name for extensions?

Example from the spec:

Extension-Name: javax.help
Specification-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc Specification-Version: 1.0 Implementation-Vendor-Id: com.sun Implementation-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc Implementation-Version: 1.0

Maven uses the attribute name Name instead of Extension-Name.

2. Why not include dependency information?

Example from the spec:

Extension-List: javahelp java3d javahelp-Extension-Name: javax.help javahelp-Specification-Version: 1.0 javahelp-Implementation-Version: 1.0.3 javahelp-Implementation-Vendor-Id: com.sun javahelp-Implementation-URL:
http://java.sun.com/products/stdext/javahelp.jar java3d-Extension-Name: javax.3d java3d-Specification-Version: 1.0 java3d-Implementation-Version: 1.2.1 java3d-Implementation-Vendor-Id: com.sun java3d-Implementation-URL: http://java.sun.com/products/stdext/java3d.jar

3. Why not include download URL locations?

See example above.

Can someone tell me the component responsible for creating the manifest
files in maven?

Is this a known issue (I did not find it on the user mailing list)? Can this feature be added in future releases?

Thanks,
Vincenz