On 1/12/07, Joseph Tate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jorge Vargas wrote:
> > or it was just the fact that genshi currently doesn't has a <?python?>
>
> The fact that the widget would have to be instantiated and returned in
> the controller (blurring the line between view and controller).  I can
> instantiate widgets in kid templates, which conforms to MVC.  Imagine a
> case where you use the same method for html and json.  That widget
> would not marshal very well by simplejson.

Is that not what json.py is for?  Maybe we should include a rule for
widgets in there by default so, when accessed via JSON, it just
returns the string "widget_instance" or something similar.

I've never actually used json.py myself so I may have misinterpreted it's use.

Lee

--
Lee McFadden

blog: http://www.splee.co.uk