> I think the trunk should be stable enough to run and not have
> show-stopper bugs. How else can developers test their changes before
> committing?

The cp3 transition in Trunk needs some finalization (the config system
needs help) and we do need to get that done so that people can hack on
the trunk more easily.

We also need to replace a large portion of the unit test system, so
that people can test their hacks on the trunk.

I've been swamped lately, as has Alberto.  But we do understand that
things need to get better for new developers who want to work on the
trunk. (And in spite of the fact that I worked on the book, I'm
probably in the category of new TurboGears developers.)

--Mark Ramm