Pylons uses a folder called static which is searched first for a
particular URL (before routes, and object dispatch)

So if you have an index.html file in static it will be used rather
than the index method on your default object.

There are cases where this is useful, but I think having a static
directory is also a good practice.  That way you can use mod-rewrite
to have apache serve up your static content easily.

So, my proposal is to just create a static folder in the default
template, with css, js, and images subfolders in it, to mirror what TG
1.x does, and to encourage some kind of standard practice for static
content like images, javascript, and CSS.

What do you all think?

--
Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com