Mark Ramm schrieb:
What are the thoughts from the rest of tg community?

I'm using TG on RHEL/CentOS 4 servers so obviously I'd like to see TG supported on Python 2.3 :-) Furthermore, most Macs do come only with Python 2.3 (IIRC!). But I do understand that supporting 2.3 will increase developer workload (I wrote several patches for 2.3 compatibility myself earlier this year) so I would accept dropping 2.3 support for new releases and just keep it for 1.0.x.

If an old Python version will be dropped, I suggest that there should be a general policy to support (at least) the last two (or three) major versions of Python so everyone has enough time to upgrade their installation.

Probably this question should be placed on the user group to get more feedback.

One last point for keeping 2.3:
The stats on http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/TurboGears do show the same number of downloads (23 at the time of writing) for the 2.3 egg as for 2.4.

fs