On Nov 12, 2007 2:49 AM, Jeff Younker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2007, at 5:33 AM, Florent Aide wrote:
>
> I do have some concerns about tgsetup:
>   - First is is not properly in the svn since it is maintained in the
> website instead of being part of the source code of TG.
>   - It is not really maintained and I'd like to have someone help us
> on this particular point.
>   - I'd like to be able to provide a real off-line installation
> archive that would ensure that we can install TG and all its
> dependencies without any access to the net. This could become a
> project on its own but could have real benefits.
>   - I feel we really need to fix tgsetup to remove all objections
> raised by Graham or we must remove tgsetup alltogether and ensure
> easy_install will work. At the moment easy_install works better than
> tgsetup even if not perfectly.
>

> It seems to be me that that tg_setup is superfluous, and that fixing
> setup.py might be the best course of action.   Setuptools/easy_install
> has the option --find-links that injects a series of directories and/or
> URLs into the dependency search path.

Yes, --find-links is the way tg_setup works. It's basicly a wrapper
around easy_install adding --find-links and some other options.
The problem was/is that people try easy_install Turbogears and it
fails. It seems that with 1.0.4b2 atleast it works fine.

I think that we should get rid of tg_setup in favor for easy_install.
This means we have to have dependencies that are stable and
easy_install'able, which is something we should do anyway IMHO.

--
cheers
    elvelind grandin