FYI, SourceForge changed their download pages such that older versions of setuptools can no longer recognize them and follow the links to the "real" download pages. I'm releasing 0.6a8 early in order to address these issues. You can update your setuptools with:

    easy_install -U setuptools

If you have an 'ez_setup' subdirectory in a Subversion-based project, you can use 'svn update ez_setup' to ensure you're requiring the latest version.

Unfortunately, there are still outstanding bugs, specifically the "space in python.exe filename" problem, and the issue with creating RPMs from source distributions that use the source-control-driven MANIFEST feature. However, these bugs are also in older versions, so they aren't new to 0.6a8. And 0.6a8 also fixes a lot of previous issues with doing Subversion-based development, so it's a good upgrade to get anyway.

Sorry for the inconvenience; the original SourceForge processing code was a user contribution and I didn't really vet it for robustness in the face of SourceForge changes. The new parsing code could still be broken by future SF changes, but it's now less likely.