Hi Liza,

Glad to hear that your project has gone well! If it's going to be
publicly available, I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about it when
it launches.

If this is a MySQL-related issue, I wonder if it would make sense to
change SQLObject's MysqlConnection to detect if the underlying DBAPI
connection has gone away and do something about it. The concern I'd
have there is you'd get really weird behavior if the connection goes
away while you're in the middle of a transaction.

TurboGears knows if you're using a transaction or not, so we might be
able to make a more intelligent decision about it in
turbogears.database.

I've seen the MySQL connection drops previously when using Java,
though I think the Java JDBC driver for mysql had an ?autoReconnect
option.

Kevin

--
Kevin Dangoor