I'm trying to pull together some high-level documentation for identity.  The way I see it, an end-user has three basic strategies for using the identity subsystem:

1. Use the default identity provider and model (include the default somodel, which creates separate User, Group, and Permission tables).
2. Use the default identity provider with a customized model, with user-defined tables that subsume one or more of User, Group, and Permission
3. Create a custom identity provider, and just implement the methods required by a provider.

Jeff: is this the way you see it? From where I'm standing, #2 seems like the most common case for a typical end user.

--
Tim Lesher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>