Scott Benjamin wrote:
> I did as Kevin suggested yet the error continues to come back when
> running python setup.py install .
>
> What is the "preferred" method of installing an SVN version of
> turbogears?

I would suggest that you use a manual checkout and run "setup.py
develop", rather than "setup.py install".  Install builds and installs
a new egg every time, but "develop" just links your checkout to the
Python path so that any updated versions will run from there.  Also,
"develop" respects the --find-links option in the setup.cfg, so it
should be able to find TurboGears' dependencies better than "install"
does.

> Is there a doc anywhere that can be referenced?

I suggest these two sections of the setuptools manual:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#managing-continuous-releases-using-subversion

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#develop-deploy-the-project-source-in-development-mode