qvx wrote:
> I have 0.8a4 installed. I also have latest svn snapshot in some custom
> directory. What is the easiest way to switch between those two versions?

To select the svn snapshot, cd to it and run "./setup.py develop".  To
select 0.8a4, run "easy_install TurboGears==0.8a4".

If you are installing scripts to /usr/local/bin, make those:

   ./setup.py develop --script-dir=/usr/local/bin

and

   easy_install --script-dir=/usr/local/bin TurboGears==0.8a4

respectively.  Both of these commands work by updating easy-install.pth
to include the needed packages, and overwriting the current scripts
with wrappers for the selected version.  (Note that the "==0.8a4" part
is needed so that easy_install doesn't see the installed 0.9
development version and decide that's the best matching version.)
Neither of these commands will reinstall anything but the .pth and
scripts, unless you've updated the Subversion edition and it wants a
newer dependency of something.