I think Karl's layout is original and nice, but (personally) I don't
find it quite usable.
For example, I think the front page exposes to many things packed in a
small spaces and it's hard to find what you are looking for.

Most probably my impression it's only related to the relatively dark
(and not too much contrasted) colors used.

Dunno, but maybe after collecting enough layout ideas you should launch
a pool?

I would have to agree here that I think Karl's layout would be better for a brochure, magazine, or any medium other than a website. Its just plain too crowded for the web.

I think Richard's latest layout is perfect, both in terms of color and whitespace. Its easy to read, attractive, and not too full of graphics.

I would be highly disappointed if Richard's was not selected, and I believe most of the other ideas presented are not an improvement on the current website (which is the whole point, right?).

This is not meant to knock the work that Karl has done. Like I said, its very attractive, but just doesn't work for the web, in my opinion.

--
Jonathan LaCour
http://cleverdevil.org