Don't miss my super interesting post [1] :-)

Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> I haven't been clear on this point, but I should be: I think the front
> page *should* be more about pitching TurboGears than providing info
> for the regular community. I'm thinking that letting a little bit of
> what's going on (...) leak
> out to the front page will help convey that this is an active and
> moving project (...)
> The front page of TurboGears.org absolutely has to sell people on the
> framework, because it will be the landing site for people dropping by
> based on articles, spotting t-shirts, etc.

That's just exactly what I wanted to know. And on the hole I think I
agree with you, as converted turbogearians ( ! ) we should be able to
find our way to a dashboard or indeed a 'spy' page (hmmm!) Just out of
interest is there going to be a difference between turbogears.com and
turbogears.org ? Just to clarify!

> The problem here is that commits, messages, and tickets generally
> don't stand on their own so unless you have a few (3 is generally the
> magic number) it isn't worth the space required to set them up and put
> them in context and they generally wind up just as visual noise.

I completely agree

> If the last commit is weeks in the past, it might say "Slow-moving project".

can you imagine that happening? ;-)

> If the last commit is minutes ago, it might say "Still under heavy
> development, wait until it settles down".

good points, I think I was going to make another point - though I can't
remember now!

Anyways it looks like we have a good group of people to make a worthy
attempt at this, and indeed the entire project - for me this lively
helpful community is one of the strongest points and well worth
promoting.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears/msg/ca83d1b82a28b3b9