This should work find for the top level templates. Base templates are a little harder. I had a fix in at one time that made it work, but unfortunately an least 25% of the people who tried it had other issues. Since I could never reproduce on my system I could not debug it. I had to roll out the change since those that did have the problem could not debug it.

Try adding kid.reloadbases = True to your config file and see it that helps.

Random idea and I am not sure why I didn't think of this sooner...maybe restart cherry after each request in development mode. Why wait to detect that something has changed?

--
David
http://www.traceback.org