Jorge Vargas wrote:

> I'm agains that, we will never reach a "good for all" default model.
>
> I think that the fact the default one is big means it will encourage
> most people to think of good/better/big ways to use it. (I'm refering
> to new web-developers)
>
> If we ever change it there should be diferent set of pre-define
> providers and have one as default.
>
> Or just don't define one at all and make it as simple as one class you
> define in your model, and make it as open as possible.

The patch only removes the requirement to populate the fields, not the
fields themselves.  They are still there to be used.  Just optional.

It is much easier to just extend tg_users to add more fields or more
constraints than it is to remove the the requirement to populate
existing fields.  In particular, the uniqueness constraint on the email
address doesn't make sense for a lot of apps.  A person who is assigned
administrative privileges may very well also need a non-administrative
account for regular use, and yet have only one valid email address.

-Steve