Jason Chu wrote:

> Sorry for not following up on this one for a while.
>
> I just realized why we didn't use member_widgets before.
> member_widgets doesn't make the widget accessible to the template by
> name.  You people who autogenerate your form based off the fields that
> come in don't care about refering to specific fields, but us people who
> use custom templates and place each field by hand do ;)

That's why I'm presenting you the "display_field_for" method, it will
become your best friend, I introduced it for people like you that are
taking special care of they fields. ;-)

If you know in advance the name of the field and you're placing each
field by hand (your exact case) you can use the display_field_for
method to display the field in a insanely easy way since you don't even
need to pass value_for and params_for, inside your widget template
that's all you need to do:

display_field_for("email")

Give it a try and let me know.

Ciao