On 11/16/06, iain duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I got it working ok, but I'm curious as to hear what more experienced
> Gears developers think this. Is bringing Dojo in even a good idea or am
> I just going to be forcing people to download too much? I really like
> the mochikit pythonish api and linguistic features, and I wonder if
> maybe I should just build my filterable table out of the sortable table
> already on the mochikit site. Seems like dojo is pretty big, and
> mochikit is already big, and I know it's mochikit I wouldn't want to
> drop. On the other hand, maybe it's stupid not to use their fancy
> widgets that already exist.
>
> Gah, so many choices. Makes me want to go write pic assembly or
> something.  ; )

You're only going to get a good answer if you state specifically what
you're trying to accomplish. If you just want a filterable table, it's
probably trivial to build one with just MochiKit. However, if it's
easier to do so with Dojo, then maybe you should just use Dojo.

The goal really is to do the least amount work possible, and worry
about the consequences when they matter. Optimizations require very
specific information, and I don't really see enough here to make a
recommendation one way or the other.

-bob