On 12/20/06, Diez B. Roggisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:28, Christian wrote:
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> > While my own experiences with IE are rather limited, I presume that e.g.
> > dojo which also adds a cachePrevention parameter does so for a good
> > reason.
>
> My guess is that is just for developers who can't set the proper
> response headers (maybe when pulling data from servers they don't have
> control over?).

Might be, but I've seen far too much trouble concerning caching (especially if
you want it to actually happen for certain content) than not to be thankful
about a solution that "just works".

 > And the advantage is clearly that you can accidentally forget that header
> > tinkering (which might get complicated in presence of apache & possibly
> > squid in front of your cherrypy-instance), and it still works.
>
> I suppose there could potentially be issues with other proxies between
> TG<-->User Agent.
>
> Forgetting about adding the response header entries seems about as
> likely as forgetting to add the tg_random parameter to the request.  We
> can easily do something about the response forgetfulness:

If you read my other post about this, you might notice that I patched MochiKit
to do this (configurable) everytime. I'm going to polish that patch a bit
(adding a sequence number to avoid clock-precision issues), maybe it gets
accepted.

I'm not going to accept any patch that changes behavior of the whole
library by setting some variable. It'd have to be a parameter to a
function.

-bob