With something like Google Gears a web based iPhone application could
be taken offline if it's supported.  I can't see there not being
something similar (if not Gears itself) to handle those times when you
don't have any connectivity.

That being said, I still think having no official SDK is a dumb idea.
The iPhone is running a stripped down OS X for [insert deity]'s sake,
*not* allowing developers to harness that potential power is just
silly.

--
Lee McFadden

blog: http://www.splee.co.uk