On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Christopher Arndt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Although I find this interesting, I don't understand why peopple always
>  think that anything from Google is the best thing since sliced bread. To
>   me, this basically is just another cheap hosting provider with a
>  non-standard Python installation, which causes unecessary work for the
>  developer. If you need the power to serve ten-thousands of users daily,
>  you should be able to afford your own hosting and thereby have full
>  control over your environment.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I've used it, but the offering of
free, scalable, reliable hosting for python apps (developed
specifically for AppEngine) can't be ignored and I bet that people
will want to start using it with their weapon of choice rather than
having to use Django.

--
Lee McFadden

blog: http://www.splee.co.uk