Hi Hung,

I'm not quite sure I follow...

On Feb 17, 2006, at 12:09 PM, hung tran wrote:

Hi Tuscans,
I had previously posted a question regarding dynamic invocation, which i believe i didn't word clearly enough.

I would like to build a test tool, with a runtime piece sitting as part of the container.
I assume here you want to have some type of code that sits "inside" the runtime and performs some type of analysis. Could you provide some use case so I understand better?

The goal is to be able to invoke any component in any module in any (sub)system, so i'll need to invoke by name as rather than by reference.
Could you elaborate what you mean "by name" vs. "by reference" and give a use case here?

As a part of the runtime, I assume I'll be granted access to APIs not available to clients, thus my question is whether there is currently a way for me to perform this action or is there anything planned in the near future.
There are APIs that are not part of the SCA spec and we could certainly add additional ones if appropriate. If we can pinpoint the use cases, I can tell you if there are existing ones.

I'll need to be able to create objects in the context of the desired module, as well as impersonate the module when invoking.

You can create "components" (actually InstanceContexts) in a "module" (actually an AggregateContext) so this may be what you need. What do you mean by impersonate?

I've been digging around the tuscany code and have a faint idea, but would appreciate some help, and additionally to create some dialog in this general area as I believe it might be useful to others.
Yes the docs are lacking and there is quite a bit of churn. Sorry about that. We're always happy to help so if you can provide more specifics, I can answer your questions better.

Jim

thanks,
hung

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en- ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/ enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.