This seems interesting but I have a few questions, which are not really important but arise from curiosity:

I'm curious if you thought about making this look more like SCA Client & Implementation specs? For example, it may be convenient to have the APIs look more like the Java C&I spec such as instead of SCA.xxx doing:

ModuleContext moduleContext = CurrentModuleContext.getContext(); HelloWorldService helloworldService = HelloWorldService (moduleContext.locateService("HelloWorldServiceComponent"));

I also think dependency injection, metadata, and dynamic generation of proxies for external services could be supported (with invocation handlers for policies). I've seen people attach "markers" to the function object's prototype and/or prototype of a class in JavaScript. It would also be nice to be able to support the asynchronous C&I spec model more closely, e.g. callbacks and ending sessions by calling a business method. What would be really cool IMO is an SDO implementation in JavaScript. These things would provide an interesting client-side model, which could actually be done as a Javascript-based implementation of an SCA container.

As a side note, I've found Actionscript and Flash have a lot of capabilities for doing these types of things - e.g. the ability to do "real" client side async with sockets, including binary sockets in Flash Player 8.5. It may even be worth looking at using a lightweight flash client that just keeps a socket open to the server and communicates with Javascript to provide real async and local persistent storage.

Unfortunately, I'm drowning in a bunch of other work right now so I can't really volunteer for any of this.

Jim