Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I've removed the runtime modules from the build until we figure this
> out - they should still work on their own if folks want to build an
> assembly.

Thanks to a tip from Dan, I tried this with a build of the assembly
plugin from m2 trunk and the duplicate build issue was resolved. I've
updated the module with the config but have not included it in the
default build as I don't believe the plugin is generally available yet -
once it is I will reinclude it.

Until then if you want to package a distro you can build the plugin from
here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-assembly-plugin

--
Jeremy