The DAS must be able to participate in external transactions. Although by default it will perform commit/rollback on the connection, clients should be able to put the DAS in a mode where it will not perform these actions when some external agent is responsible for managing the transaction.

The DAS used to support this with an API on the command but we lost this when we refactored the interface to remove config-related items. I think it would be best to add this capability back now as part of our config model.