The Apache Tuscany community is pleased to announce its first C++ milestone
release.

You can download binary and source distributions from:
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/downloads.html

For further information, visit our web site at:
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany

Introduction
========

Tuscany C++ provides a C++  implementation of the Service Component
Architecture (SCA) and Service Data Objects (SDO) specifications.

For pointers to the specification documents, visit our documentation page
at:
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/documentation.html

Incubation
========
Tuscany is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache Software Foundation
(ASF), sponsored by the Web Services PMC.

Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review

indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making
process
have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.

While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully
endorsed by the ASF.

Release Summary
=============

Tuscany SCA C++ provides a runtime implementation for the Service Component
Architecture 0.9 Assembly Model and
C++ Client and Implementation specifications.
Key features include:
- Module assembly using SCDL
- Support for C++ component implementation types
- Component interfaces described by C++ classes
- Axis2/C Web Service binding for EntryPoint and ExternalService
- Sample demonstrating wiring, service location and invocation between C++
components

Tuscany SDO C++ is an implementation of the Service Data Objects
2.0specification for C++ developers.
Key features include:
- Dynamic data object support
- Type loading from XSD Schema
- XML serialisation/deserialisation
- Helper classes (XMLHelper, XSDHelper,DataFactory, etc.)
- Simple example programs

Please feel free to send any feedback to our mailing lists:
tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

Any contribution in the form of coding, testing, improving the
documentation,
and reporting bugs is always welcome. For more information on how to get
involved with the development of Tuscany, visit our Get Involved page at:
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/get-involved.html

Thank you for your interest in Apache Tuscany!

--
Pete