On 12/7/06, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 07/12/06, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 07/12/06, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > suspect
> > > not
> > > Sequenced
> > methods
> > appear in
> > >

> > > You're correct, I'm not using the Sequence APIs at all, the only
> > > difference
> > > is that in one case the DataObject is sequenced and in the other it
is

> > > not.
> > >
> > > If we make the change to delegate the setting of the property so
that
> > any
> > another
> > as
> > > that
> > >

> > > I agree.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Caroline
> > >
> > > On the last point. It depends on what we think a sequence is...
> >
> > 1/ A sequence of all of the elements and text that appear inside of a
> > particular element in an XML document (this excludes attributes as you
> > suggest)
> > 2/ Just the ordered collection of settings disregarding the fact that
it
> > will, at some point in the future, become and XML document
> >
> > If we want SDO to look and feel like an XML document then the answer
is
> > 1/.
> > If we want SDO to be an abstract data interface then the answer is 2/.
> > think the SDO philosophy to date goes with 2/
> >
> > If we were to go with 1 we should raise it with the spec people and
also
> > have a convenient way of telling whether a property is an attribute so
> > that
> > alongside getting the sequence of properties (elements and text) from
> > data
> > object we can go get all the attributes also.
> >
> > Simon
> >

> If the Type is defined via an XML Schema then we should do 1, and that
is
> what I am suggesting.
> The spec does define methods to determine if Types were defined from XSD
> and whether the Property is an element or attribute.

An alternative is to always delegate to the Sequence API for setXXX for
ANY
property on a sequenced DataObject. THis would mean that attributes would
be
returned via the sequence API. The serialization code would not write
these
as part of the sequence. This is probably better.

--
Pete

+1 this is a better approach