I've just updated all the samples to use SDO 2.1 so this should work now.

  ...at

On 12/19/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm trying to build from a clean check out of the Tuscany Java trunk,
just running "mvn" with no options, and getting the following error:

[INFO] Installing
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/apache-repos/java/samples/sca/webapp/target/sample-
webapp.war

/home/delfinoj/.m2/repository/org/apache/tuscany/samples/sca/sample-webapp/1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT/sample-
webapp-1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.war
[INFO]

[INFO] Building Tuscany HelloWorld Web Service Client Sample
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]

[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] Copying 6 resources
[INFO] Copying 0 resource to META-INF
[WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.axis2:axis2-kernel:pom:1.1:test' is
invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a
v4.0.0 POM.
Downloading:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/commonj/sdo-api-r2.0.1/1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT/sdo-api-r2.0.1-1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
Downloading:

http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository/commonj/poms/sdo-api-r2.0.1-1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache.ws.m1.snapshots

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/commonj/sdo-api-r2.0.1/1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT/sdo-api-r2.0.1-1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar

http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository/commonj/jars/sdo-api-r2.0.1-1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache.ws.m1.snapshots
(http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) commonj:sdo-api-r2.0.1:jar:1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=commonj
-DartifactId=sdo-api-r2.0.1 \
          -Dversion=1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1)

org.apache.tuscany.samples.sca:sample-helloworldwsclient:jar:1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT
        2) commonj:sdo-api-r2.0.1:jar:1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

org.apache.tuscany.samples.sca:sample-helloworldwsclient:jar:1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.incubator
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/),
  apache.ws.m1.snapshots (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 46 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Dec 19 08:35:00 PST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 32M/58M
[INFO]

I tried several times so it doesn't look like a transient network error.
Any idea what causes this build error? Thanks.