Hi,

Integrating Robbie's code (jira
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-987) highlights a general
problem for testing statically generated types. For example, statically
generated classes using Tuscany's SDO M2 implementation are not compatible
with the current SDO implementation (in this particular case the
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.model.impl.ModelPackageImpl no longer exists).

Further, the specification does not specify how to generate static classes
from schemas (it does specify what the resulting classes should looks like,
but not how to actually invoke the generator). One option would be to have a
maven task that invokes an implementations static generator prior to
compiling the code that depends on it, however this doesn't resolve all
probems.

With Tuscany it is necessary to register static type via the
SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes(staticFactory.class) or other method pending
jira http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-684. Presumable this is
also necessary with other implementations.

I'd appreciate people comments on :
Whether the CTS should test static SDOs (I believe so) ?
  This would mean we'd need to be able to delegate to different
implementation static class registration mechanisms (some form of
adaptor/abstraction layer)
Whether Maven'ize the SDO CTS is desired ?
  How best to allow different implementations to be selected in the pom
would be interesting
  This would also require additional maven plugins to allow different
implementation generators to be invoked or additional steps in the pom to
directly invoke different generators
If not maven we could automate with different ant scripts for different
implementations (or have "users" edit a general ant script)
  The downside of this is that the ant script would need to know the
location of the implementation JARs

I hope we'd all agree on the first point, but I think the second two could
open up some interesting discussions.

Many thanks in advance,
Dan