I have started investigating TUSCANY-1045. Based on what the spec is saying,
we should start by calculating the component type information from
introspection and then looking into sidefile and merge the info from both in
a compatible way :

"The component type is calculated in two steps where the second step adds to
the information found in the first step. Step one is introspecting the
implementation (if possible), including the inspection of implementation
annotations (if available). Step two covers the cases where introspection of
the implementation is not possible or where it does not provide complete
information and it involves looking for an SCA component type file.
Component type information found in the component type file must be
compatible with the equivalent information found from inspection of the
implementation. The component type file can specify partial information,
with the remainder being derived from the implementation. "

The issue is that our code, inside JavaComponentTypeLoader is doing these
two paths in a exclusive way.
I'm planning to work on this, but I want some guidance on how to merge
information from a componentType from two different sources. I have couple
questions :

  - Do we already have some similar code available ?
  - Any special care while merging the info from the two sources
(introspection and sideFile) ?
  - How to identify if the info from both sources are compatible ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende