Have you actually tried the samples ? I was just trying the calculator
webapp after I saw Sebastien's e-mail and I was getting an exception. Your
new posting have the same issue. Looks like the war file structure is wrong.

Here is the stacktrace I'm getting...

Mar 8, 2007 10:56:23 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: org.apache.tuscany.spi.loader.MissingResourceException:
META-INF/sca/default.scdl
org.apache.tuscany.host.runtime.InitializationException:
org.apache.tuscany.spi.loader.MissingResourceException:
META-INF/sca/default.scdl
   at org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappRuntimeImpl.deploy(
WebappRuntimeImpl.java:123)
   at
org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.TuscanyContextListener.contextInitialized(
TuscanyContextListener.java:84)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(
StandardContext.java:3827)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java
:4336)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
ContainerBase.java:761)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java
:741)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:825)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java
:714)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java
:490)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:311)
   at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(
LifecycleSupport.java:120)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1023)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1015)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java
:443)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java
:448)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java
:710)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Caused by: org.apache.tuscany.spi.loader.MissingResourceException:
META-INF/sca/default.scdl
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.IncludeLoader.load(IncludeLoader.java
:82)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.IncludeLoader.load(IncludeLoader.java
:50)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(
LoaderRegistryImpl.java:83)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeLoader.load
(CompositeLoader.java:98)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeLoader.load
(CompositeLoader.java:63)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(
LoaderRegistryImpl.java:83)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(
LoaderRegistryImpl.java:101)
   at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTypeLoader.loadFromSidefile
(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:63)
   at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTypeLoader.load
(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:57)
   at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTypeLoader.load
(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:39)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.loadComponentType(
LoaderRegistryImpl.java:154)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.load(DeployerImpl.java
:161)
   at org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.deploy(
DeployerImpl.java:123)
   at org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappRuntimeImpl.deploy(
WebappRuntimeImpl.java:121)

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende