Here is the complete list of dependencies loaded by the code in
tuscany-sca-all-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar when starting the
Tuscany core runtime.

(XML parsing)
stax-api-1.0.1.jar
wstx-asl-3.2.0.jar

(SCA APIs)
sca-api-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

(used by JettyRuntimeModuleActivator)
jetty-util-6.1.0.jar
jetty-6.1.0.jar
servlet-api-2.5.jar

(used by SDOAxiomModuleActivator)
axiom-api-1.2.4.jar
sdo-api-r2.1-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

(used by WSDLInterfaceRuntimeModuleActivator)
wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar
XmlSchema-1.3.1.jar

(used by TomcatRuntimeModuleActivator)
catalina-6.0.10.jar
coyote-6.0.10.jar
juli-6.0.10.jar

(used by Axis2ModuleActivator)
axis2-kernel-1.2.jar
commons-logging-1.1.jar
axiom-impl-1.2.4.jar

(used by JAXBDataBindingModuleActivator)
jaxb-api-2.0.jar

I'm concerned about the large number of these.  The first 3 cannot
reasonably be eliminated.  All the others should only be loaded when
the extensions that need them are loaded, either based on runtime
configuration settings or (preferably) on encountering SCDL that
pulls them in.

Has anyone been thinking about how to enable a more dynamic approach
to optionally pulling in these dependencies?  If not, I am happy to
look into this further.