What could be better? Should the "modifications" stream contain only the
modifications, or should it be the stream retrieved by the get method (DATA
interface) with the updates?

Other comments inline.

On 11/5/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A few comments inline.
>
> [snip]
> Douglas Leite wrote:
> > With the data being manipulated like a XmlStreamReader, I suppose that a
> > good way to implement the update operator is use a stream that contains
> the
> > modifications. Something like that:
> >
> > int update(XmlStreamReader modifications);
> >
> > Therefore, the 'modifications' stream will cotain all the modifications
> made
> > in the stream retrieved from the get operator.
> >

> What's the "int" for? can't that method just be void?
>
> > However, in the scenary where we have a simple java developer, how is he
> > supposed to manipulate the stream reader ?
> >

> A Java developer developing a client component talking to your Data
> component will probably want to do:
> update(Customer customer)
> with customer being a Java Object representation of the Customer
> business object / resource to update.
>
> So IMO implementation-data should support both modes:
> - good integration with XML, useful for local and remote XML enabled
> clients
> - good integration with Java business objects for local Java clients,
> and Java-friendly remote clients (e.g. Json clients)
>
> > What about a XmlStreamReader that allow some sets methods?
> >

> I think that a set can be represented as an update. Also, a set of
> related sets can be batched in a single update.
>

> > On 10/12/07, Douglas Leite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> As suggested, I've made some improvements in the sample store. Now the
> >> catalog data is accessed by JDBC instead of a hardcoded table in
> memory. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1844
> >> )
> >>
> >> After running the sample with the property currencyCode configured as
> >> 'EUR', in the store.composite, I got an float parse error in the
> getTotal
> >> method in the ShoppingCartImpl. Because of that, I've changed a little
> the
> >> way of get the price of each product.
> >>

> This looks like a work around, do you know what the problem with the
> Euro symbol is? is it a problem with the Atom binding not
> reading/writing that symbol properly?

I'm not sure, but I think that it can be possible.

In the ShoppingCartImpl:

private String getTotal() {
[...]
String item =
((Content)cart.values().iterator().next().getContents().get(0)).getValue();
[...]
}

The String "item" contains the wrong symbol, and the cart map is filled with
the catalog data using the atom binding.