In a multi user system, it is possible that the data source is
deployed using one id/pwd and
connections are obtained by different users (different user id/pwd)
using the same deployed data source.

See -
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/ad/cjvjcsup.htm
Use the second form if you need to specify a user ID and password for
the connection that are different from the ones that were specified
when the DataSource was deployed.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/web.1012/b14012/datasrc.htm#i1085287
This user name and password overrides the user name and password that
are defined in the data source definition.

This is the reason why it will be useful to support this second form
in RDB DAS so as to support full scaled systems

Regards,
Amita