On Jan 29, 2008 9:11 AM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008 9:04 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > > Perhaps you could issue the external dependencies in a separate
> > > archive; that would need the appropriate N &L of course, but would not
> > > change very often.
> > >

> > Sounds attractive. So we would have
> >
> > tuscany-binaries
> > tuscany-dependencies
> > tuscany-src
> >
> > I think this would be an advantage if we go ahead and split up our
> > distributions into smaller units as suggested in [1]. At the moment the
> > distribution contains everything and the chances that a dependency
> version
> > will change is high. With smaller, more focused distribution zips, we
> may
> > be
> > able to maintain a set of dependency versions as the Tuscany function
> > matures.
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg27305.html
> >

> There would still be a download available that includes both Tuscany and
> the
> dependency jars though right? This would just add additional downloads
> separating Tuscany and dependencies?
>
>   ...ant

so you mean...

tuscany-binaries
tuscany-binaries-with-dependencies
tuscany-src

Sebastien pointed us toward Spring as another example which, for the
framework, has the slightly different pattern

?-binaries
?-binaries+dependencies-src-samples

Whichever turns out to be the favoured style in the project I'd like to take
a more static approach to dealing with and packaging binary dependencies and
their associated licenses.