Mike Edwards wrote:
Ashwini Kumar Jeksani wrote:
Hi,

Does Tuscany support SCA Extentions to WS-BPEL? If it doesn't then I guess we could look into that one as well.

Thanks & Regards
Ashwini Kumar Jeksani

Ashwini,

Which extensions are thinking about?

Currently I am working on code that scans the BPEL process and creates the SCA component type. I am handling the extra @service and @reference parameters, but there are other ones to do with multi-refs and with properties that I have not looked at. It is taking time because of the referenced WSDL files, which need careful scanning to find the partnerLinkType definitions and the associated PortType definitions.

One BIG thing that you could do to help here is to start building some testcase BPEL + WSDL files that express these capabilities, that we can use to test out the code as we add the function.

Yours,  Mike.

Are you guys still making changes to the BPEL code?

I'd like to be able to work with BPEL components in the domain without having to boot the whole runtime. I'd like to do it sometime later this week but for that to work I'll need to split implementation-bpel in two modules (model and runtime) like we've already done for other implementation types.

Is now a good time to do that split or is it going to conflict with the changes you've been working on? Any chance you guys can commit your changes to avoid complex merging? or should I make the split on the side in sandbox to give you more time to work on this and then we merge later?

Thanks