Hi Scott, more comments...

Simon

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Scott Kurz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Simon,
>
> I used my own interpretation of the JAX-WS spec (in Sec 2.3 and its
> subsections)  to construct my example WSDL, and noticed that the JAXWS-RI
> wsimport tool handled it by generating Holder(s) in Java as I expected.
> Note that my example does only have a single part per message, in spite of
> the way the part wrapper elements' children map to Java (via Holders).
>
> WSDL 1.1 Sec. 2.4.6 seems to discuss parameterOrder.  This is also
> discussed
> in JAX-WS.  However I'm not sure why this is especially helpful to discuss
> in this context and I don't see what the conflict is with my approach.

I just looked at JAX-ws 2.3.1.2  and see the rules you are talking about. I
mentionedsection 2.4.6 of WSDL1.1 as IIUC it gives the same list of in,
in/out, out options but with different rules for determining them. In
particular it's not talking about what to do with wrapped style WSDL. As the
SCA spec points us toward JAX-WS I expect the rules you point out are the
right ones. I should have looked there first.

> BTW, I should add an important note... I'm not at all sure what Tuscany
> does
> with this WSDL today and didn't spend any time trying to understand this.
> just made a leap and assumed we didn't support this today.

I suspect you are generally correct. As the specs expressly say that this is
not supported we haven't looked at this. To see what the actual effect is of
trying to use a WSDL like to one you provide we'll have to try it. I can
imagine these cases where you have more than one element children of the
return type will be problematic but I'd be interested to know what the error
message is.