On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM, James Rutherford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 12:43:07PM +0000, Mike Edwards wrote:
> > James Rutherford (JIRA) wrote:
> > > Unable to build with 1.6 JDK due to JAXB conflict
> > >
> > >                  Key: TUSCANY-2372
> > >              Project: Tuscany
> > >           Issue Type: Bug
> > >           Components: Build System
> > >     Affects Versions: Java-SCA-1.2
> > >          Environment: % java -version
> > > java version "1.6.0_03"
> > > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
> > > Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)
> > >
> > > % mvn -version
> > > Maven version: 2.0.8
> > > Java version: 1.6.0_03
> > > OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.24-gentoo-r3" arch: "i386" Family:
> "unix"
> > >             Reporter: James Rutherford
> > >

> > > Error running 'mvn' command due to conflict with JAXB API provided by
> 1.6 JDK:
> > >
> > James,
> >
> > I think that this should be closed "no action" since the fix is to
> > move up to 1.6.0_05 of the JDK.
>
> OK, I'll upgrade my JDK and verify the fix. Where is this fix
> documented? I searched for a while, but couldn't find anything.
>
> cheers,
>
> Jim
>
> --
> James Rutherford          |  Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office:
> Research Engineer         |  Cain Road,
> HP Labs                   |  Bracknell,
> Bristol, UK               |  Berks
> +44 117 312 7066          |  RG12 1HN.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  Registered No: 690597 England
>
> The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential
> and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in
> error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the
> sender. To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise
> stated you should consider this message and attachments as "HP
> CONFIDENTIAL".

Apologies Jim.

Raymond posted on this subject before [1] and suggested we put it in our
FAQ. It doesn't seem to have made it there so I'll go and update it now.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg30480.html