+1 to delete them to avoid further confusions.

From: "ant elder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 2:04 AM
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Disable unused domain modules

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Hi All

Now that the new domain manager app is starting to settle down a bit I'd
like to disable the unused domain modules from the main build. They are...

modules/domain
modules/domain-api
modules/domain-xml
modules/node
modules/node-api
modules/node-xml

I have removed these from most of the places they were previously
referenced
with the exception of a couple of samples/itests. I propose that we break
these final dependencies and remove these modules from the main build and
from the distribution builds. The module themselves can remain in place for
a little while longer until we are happy the builds are stable and then I
think we can move them out to sandbox/old.

These modules are now replaced by a range of domain and node features
spread
across various modules. These are the ones I am aware of:

modules/domain-manager - represents the configured domain and provides a
web
interface to users
modules/endpoint - a plug point for late reference resolution (we don't
actually support late reference resolution yet in our runtimes.The domain
assumes that wires are known and static)
modules/implementation-node - the model that represents a configured node
in
the domain. Used to provide default binding configuration and relate
composites to nodes
modules/implementation-node-runtime
modules/implementation-node-xml
modules/node2-api - the new node implementation that reads its
configuration
from the command line or directly from the domain-manager
modules/node2-impl
modules/node2-launcher
modules/node2-launcher-webbapp
modules/runtime
modules/runtime-tomcat - deep integration with tomcat that allows composite
application wars to be deployed which don't contain Tuscany jars (under
development)
modules/workspace - the code behind the domain-manager contribution
processing.
modules/workspace-impl
modules/workspace-xml

Regards

Simon

+1 to removing the old modules.

I'd prefer they are deleted from the modules folder than left there just not
part of the build. They'll always be there in SVN history if they are ever
needed again for something.