Trunk is now 1.4-SNAPSHOT in r667767 and a fresh build runs ok for me.

Based on all this thread 1.4-SNAPSHOT isn't perfect but seemed what there
was best consensus for right now. Feel free to revisit and I'd be happy to
do the work to change trunk version to something else if anyone can get
consensus on something else.

   ...ant