Hi there,

I've downloaded the Tuscany SCA Java 0.90 release and tried the
binding.ws examples. These work fine for me as they are, however I'm
interested in WSDL generation. I changed the helloworld-ws-service so
that it looked like the example given at the bottom of page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+binding.ws
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+binding.ws>
, and removed the exisiting WSDL. As I understand it this will generate
some WSDL.

I get the following exception:

[java] Exception in thread "main" org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.ActivationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance(SCADoma
in.java:263)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.newInstance(SCADomain.jav
a:68)
     [java]  at
helloworld.HelloWorldServer.main(HelloWorldServer.java:33)
     [java] Caused by: org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.ActivationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain.<init>(Defaul
tSCADomain.java:148)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance(SCADoma
in.java:229)
     [java]  ... 2 more
     [java] Caused by:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.ActivationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.start(Composi
teActivatorImpl.java:593)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain.<init>(Defaul
tSCADomain.java:146)
     [java]  ... 3 more
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.axis2.Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.createA
xisService(Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.java:235)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.axis2.Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.start(A
xis2ServiceBindingProvider.java:115)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.startComposit
e(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:175)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.start(Composi
teActivatorImpl.java:591)
     [java]  ... 4 more

Should I be able to do this, or is WSDL generation not supported yet?

--
Cheers
Jim

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the
use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity
Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation
plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration
2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr
Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.