On 12/06/07, Frank Budinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip/>
By the way, that reminds me that we need someone to be release manager for
this release. Any volunteers? If not, maybe Kelvin, you would be willing
to do it, since you've already been doing lots of the prep work.

Yes, in the absence of anyone else  taking the opportunity of doing this, I
am happy to do it.

Regards, Kelvin.

Thanks,
Frank

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 06/11/2007 06:02:20 AM:

> [...]
> that would be great.  The more detail you put there, the more likely it
is
> that someone who wants to get their hands dirty would be likely to pick
it
> up;  unless of course you have plans for doing it yourself. As an aside,
> it's always interesting to know the background to why a particular
feature
> is important to someone, so if you felt like commenting on your
scenarios
> that would benefit from this too,  whether in the JIRA on or the list,
that
> would be great.
>
> For my part here are the things that I'd like to see done ...
> - reorganisation of the build to create release distributions in line
with
> the SCA release format
> - review and improvement of the samples and implementation of an
alternative
> simple approach to running the samples that does not involve running a
maven
> build
> - review and improvement of the website documentation
>
> In addition, some things I'd like to see being done,  but I don't see as
> absolute prerequisites for a release are ...
> - creation of a further sdo sub-project that permits automated
exercising of
> the sdo plugin and java generator
> - more test cases
>
> In terms of JIRA's, we currently have 3 marked for the specific release
> [1],  rather then the generic Java-SDO-Next bucket [2] that is the
> placeholder for Jiras not assigned to a release.
> TUSCANY-1317 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1317>,
> TUSCANY-1143 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1143> ,
> TUSCANY-513 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-513>
>
> The first is there because the originator marked it for the beta1, which
it
> didn't make,  but it looks well defined, so after the beta1 I changed
the
> fix release to the 1.0 release, but I don't think I'll have the
bandwidth to
> cover this.
> The second is there because I want it to be, and plan to tackle it.
> The third is there because the originator has provided a patch and I'm
in
> the process of committing it.
>
> In the light of my priorities above,  having taken a scan through [2] in
> addition to 1143, I plan to look at ...
>
> TUSCANY-1122    TypeConversionTestCase fails for JDK 1.4.2
> TUSCANY-1127    ObtainingDataGraphFromXml, and maybe other samples,
> incorrectly accessing xsd:any content
> TUSCANY-1284    Manifest version number in Java SDO Impl and Tools jars
> TUSCANY-257    recently added file Interface2JavaGenerator.java is not
> compatible with JDK 1.4
>
> and there are a few others I have my eye on, e.g. 303,  if all the above

reset=true&&pid=12310210&status=1&status=3&status=4&component=12311542&component=12310660&component=12310973&component=12310802&fixfor=12312521&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
> [2]
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?

reset=true&&pid=12310210&status=1&status=3&status=4&component=12310660&component=12310973&component=12310802&fixfor=12312262&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

> On 09/06/07, Steffen Glomb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > i would like to see support for typesafe collections in the xsd2java
> > generator.
> >
> > regards
> > Steffen
> >
> > On 6/8/07, kelvin goodson < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to draw the communities attention to this issue again
please.
> > > Thanks to David for responding with his requirements and with the
fix
> > > for
> > > 1223.  I have some thoughts that I'm structuring at the moment on
what's
> > > important for a next release from my perspective that I'll post
> > > soon,  but
> > > in general I'm just keen to get the good stuff that we have added
> > > recently
> > > out in a release that, as I said before from my perspective,
warrants
> > > the
> > > title of "1.0".  With the Summer holiday season coming up,  I'd like
> > > do
> > > this soon so that I can sun myself on a beach without that niggling
> > > feeling
> > > of things that ought to have been done  ;-)
> > >
> > > What say you we put a stake in the ground of aiming for a SDO 1.
> 0release to
> > > be at the IPMC ratification stage by mid-July?
> > >
> > > So to that end I ask again, if you have requirements that you feel
are
> > > fundamental to the next release please raise them now;  with the
caveat
> > > of
> > > course that the only way to be sure of getting your requirements
into
> > > the
> > > release is to step forward and supply the fixes.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kelvin.

> > > about
> > > 1.0-incubator
> > > currently

reset=true&&pid=12310210&status=1&status=3&status=4&component=12310660&component=12310973&component=12310802&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=components&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC