For anyone else trying to address this issue and coming across the
apparently unanswered thread,  Thomas open two threads with the same
subject. See [1]

Kelvin.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user@ws.apache.org/msg01128.html

On 18/06/07, Thomas Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I want to use SDO for my Eclipse RCP application. I can compile my app,
however when I run it, I get a

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: commonj/sdo/DataObject

As soon as I try to create an object that implements that interface. Here
the modified manifest of the sdo-api .jar:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: Apache Maven
Built-By: ibm_user
Build-Jdk: 1.5.0
Extension-Name: sdo-api-r2.1
Specification-Title: API classes for Service Data Objects
Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Title: sdo-api-r2.1
Implementation-Version: 1.0-incubating-beta1
Export-Package: commonj.sdo.impl;version=2.1, commonj.sdo;version=2.1,
  commonj.sdo.helper;version=2.1
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-SymbolicName: commonj.sdo
Bundle-Name: SDO API
Bundle-Localization: plugin
Bundle-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Bundle-Classpath: .
Bundle-Description: API classes for Service Data Objects

I changed the bundle version to 1.0.0, as discussed in another thread of
this list. Any ideas what could be wrong that the eclipse runtime cannot
locate the DataObject class?

Further, I did not find the following plugin: org.apache.tuscany.sdo.spec.
Where is it located at?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.