From: "Peizhao Hu"

Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:44 PM
Subject: Can anyone show me example of a simple scenario?

> Hi,
>
> I want to achieve the following tasks in Tuscany. However, not quite sure
> which sample I really should look into. Can anyone point me to the right
> direction?
>
> I want to write implementation for two components where each component
> take one input and generate one output. Imagine that these components are
> generic function, therefore, composition of these components is done by
> writing the composite file, which wires component's service(as output) and
> reference(as input) together.

It seems that you want implement some mediation logic, am I right? You could
define a generic interface or take advantage of the "any" interface
(org.apache.tuscany.sca.interfacedef.Interface, if isDynamic() returns
true).

> is there any simple example for this scenario?
>
> In the Tuscany samples, such as bigbank, it seems to me that composite
> service needs to have knowledge about the component service they are going
> to reference. but in my case, I want all component to be generic, and be
> able to dynamically compose by defining the composite file of what
> components to use.

What are the criteria for your composition? SCA spec defines the wiring
between a component reference and component service by the interface
compatibility. Components can also be autowired by the runtime. Do you just
want to programatically wire the components together or do you expect the
Tuscany runtime to wire things based on the metadata (such as business
semantics, service-level agreement)?