On 7/10/07, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've posted an RC1 of SDO Java  1.0-incubating at  [1]
Maven artifacts for the release candidate are available at [2]
I cut a branch for this release at [3]

Please take a look at this release candidate.  There are a few more fixes
due to go into the release,  which should be ready by the end of this
week,
so there will be a respin of this candidate,  but I'd particularly like to
get feedback on the structure of the distribution,  as a lot has changed
in
this respect since the beta1.  Also please feed back on the install, build
and run samples instructions since these have all changed too.

Best Regards, Kelvin.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sdo_java/1.0-incubating/RC1/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/repo/
[3]

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/branches/sdo-1.0-incubating/

All looks pretty good to me, none of these are blockers (except maybe the
sdo-api groupid) if it was a vote:

NOTICE file still contains the incubating disclaimer

RELEASE_NOTES should have a sentence or 2 at the top saying, in a nutshell,
what is SDO. maybe also rather than saying just '...is a superset of
previous release..." make it sound a bit more exciting somehow, this is the
1.0 release so its quite significant.

Not sure you really need the EPL license in the src distro license/notice

stax-api jar is included in lib dir so these days it seems like people want
mention of it in the LICENSE file even though it uses the Apache License

Should sdo-api jar be named tuscany-sdo-api

groupid of sdo-api should be org.apache.tuscany.sdo not commonj

Maybe a README in the bin distro samples folder

when i run runsamples.bat i get Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tuscany/samples/sdo/ExecuteSamples

Ok thats as i'd not edited BINARY_BASE, but without the README i didn't know
i should. Could BINARY_BASE default to ..\ so it works out of the box if you
run  it from the samples folder? Or at lest output a msg saying BINARY_BASE
needs to be set? (once fixed the actual sample seems pretty cool the way it
tells you whats going on when you run it)

Has RAT been run against the distro's?

  ...ant