hi skip,

"Skip Schuler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/27/2007 02:13:57 PM:
> I'm trying to leverage the atom and rss bindings to expose some feeds
using
> java sca build 0.91. More specifically I'm trying to deploy a war on my
> Tomcat instance. I have a class that implements
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.feed.Feed, however I'm not having any
success
> in reaching the atom or rss endpoints (which may be due to my
> understanding). Anyway, here's my configuration;
>
> .composite:
>
>     <service name="RSSSampleFeed" promote="AtomFeeder">
>         <binding.rss/>
>     </service>
>
>     <service name="AtomSampleFeed" promote="AtomFeeder">
>         <binding.atom/>
>     </service>
>
>     <component name="AtomFeeder">
>         <implementation.java class="com.schuler.feed.FeederImpl" />
>     </component>
>
> web.xml:
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>TuscanyServlet</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/SCA/*</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>

> The URL http://localhost:8080/feed-atomrss/SCA/AtomSampleFeed fails with
> status code 500 (see below).

it seems that your are missing something. for exposing your feeds you don't
necessarily put your app manually in tomcat, tucany can do it for you.
i suggest that you have a look at the following example, which should
clarify some points:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/feed-aggregator/

> How can I reach the rss and atom endpoints? What will the URL be, and
what
> are correct binding configurations in the .composite?

the URL depends what you specify in the binding, for example:
<service name="rssSample" promote="RssAggregator">
   <tuscany:binding.rss uri="http://localhost:8083/rssAggregator"/>
</service>

-Florian