I'd like to bring this message back to life.  A few users posted to the ML
recently and asked about M2. Immediate response has been to use the latest
since M2 is very old (IMHO makes sense).

This email thread was suggesting to remove the download link of very old
releases to avoid confusion.  We can leave the release history in place to
show that there was a release, but remove the link for download to avoid
confusion.

If everyone agrees, when does a link get removed, in other words, how old
the release should be?

For starter, M2 is based on an older version of the spec. Should we remove
the download link?