"Ashwin J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/26/2007 09:46:09 AM:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I am facing the same problem in 0.99 release also.

the "javacError" in your stacktrace probably  indicates an error in your
environment setup, Tomcat can compile the JSPs to servlet (internally). to
be sure that JSP files are correctly handled by your Tomcat installation
try to build a simple JSP page (without any dependencies to Tuscany, etc)
and a run it. if that works, you are pretty sure that your setup works (at
least). You can also use the JSP/Servlet samples that come with Tomcat.

Please try it with the latest release, as Simon indicated, there are a lot
of changes from 0.99 to 1.0 :).

-Florian

> On 9/26/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 9/26/07, Ashwin J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to deploy the WAR files generated from the sample files
in
> > > Tuscany 0.91 using Tomcat 5.5 but there is a common error which I am
> > > facing.
> > >
> > > Here I was trying to deploy the *calculator-webapp* in "
> > >

> > apache-tuscany-sca-0.91-incubating\tuscany-sca-0.91-
> incubating\samples\calculator-webapp
> > > "
> > > the following error occured
> > >
> > > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
> > >
> > > An error occurred at line: 24 in the jsp file: /calc.jsp
> > > Generated servlet error:
> > > Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object to CalculatorService
> > >

> > >         org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(
> > > DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)
> > >         org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(
> > > ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
> > >         org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(
> > > JDTCompiler.java:397)
> > >         org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile
(Compiler.java:288)
> > >         org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile
(Compiler.java:267)
> > >         org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile
(Compiler.java:255)