Hi,

our web service build using SCA is implemented as a WAR application.
Our WAR pom.xml (Maven) file has the following dependencies:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
  <artifactId>tuscany-host-webapp</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-incubating</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
  <artifactId>tuscany-binding-ws-axis2</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-incubating</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
  <artifactId>tuscany-implementation-java-runtime</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-incubating</version>
</dependency>

Some time ago (at the end of last month), this generated a WAR file
without servlet-api JAR in it's WEB-INF\lib folder. Now, for some
reason, it generates a war file with servlet-api in it, resulting in
the war file not working on Websphere or Weblogic.

Do you know what happened and is there any way of excluding the jar
from war automatically at tuscany side? We solved the problem by
adding an exclusion to the following dependency:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
  <artifactId>tuscany-binding-ws-axis2</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-incubating</version>
  <exclusions>
    <exclusion>
      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
   </exclusion>
  </exclusions>
</dependency>

I feel a bit unconfortable about the fact that we supply a product
with clear dependency list and all of a sudden it stops working
because somewhere on the way, the dependencies have changed.

Do you think there would be anything you can do to prevent this
happening? Are you aware of the change that happened somewhere on the
way? I think the WS examples supplied with the product will not work
now if they are build using Maven.

Please let me know your comments.

Thanks a lot,
Radim