Joshua Jackson wrote:
Dear all,

Is it possible to send message to Tuscany? I've got this Interactive
Voice Response program made by a vendor and it is able to send a
message to a socket. Now, can tuscany receive those message from a
certain port and then send back the response to the IVR ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Joshua,
Tuscany supports the use of custom protocols like this through the
ability to create a binding extension.

Is the message to the socket sent using HTTP, or does it use some
other custom protocol?  If it is HTTP, we have a number of bindings
in Tuscany that do this kind of thing and it would not be hard to
adapt one of these to do what you need.  If it is a custom protocol,
you will need to write a bit more code to handle the socket protocol
yourself in the binding, but it shouldn't be too bad.

For examples of how to write bindings in Tuscany you can look at the
bindings that Tuscany provides for Axis2 Web Services, JMS, RMI, JSON,
Atom, RSS, etc.  There is also a sample called binding-echo-extension,
but (unfortunately) I don't think the code in this is as easy to
understand as some of the other bindings that I mentioned.

I'd be interested in working with you to help you create a custom
socket binding, especially if it could be used to derive a simple
sample that Tuscany can use to show how to do something like this.

  Simon