From: "Albert Rainer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 8:42 AM
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Using generated SDO classes in SCA, was: Re: sdo newbie problem

thanks, Raymond.
I tried the sdo.import

<dbsdo:import.sdo factory="ec3.move.types.xsd.XsdFactory" xmlns:dbsdo="http://tuscan... but ran into the next problem when I call a method that returns a complex object..:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:43)
at java.lang.IllegalArgumentException.<init>(IllegalArgumentException.java:36) at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.util.NamespaceContextImpl.getNamespaceURI(NamespaceContextImpl.java:47) at org.apache.tuscany.sdo.util.resource.SDOXMLResourceImpl$SDOXMLHelperImpl$StreamNamespaceSupport.getURI(SDOXMLResourceImpl.java:130) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.getURI(XMLHelperImpl.java:1253) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.getFeature(XMLHandler.java:2707) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.setAttribValue(XMLHandler.java:2463) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.SAXXMLHandler.handleObjectAttribs(SAXXMLHandler.java:72) at org.apache.tuscany.sdo.util.resource.SDOXMLResourceImpl$SDOXMLLoadImpl$XmlHandler.handleUnknownFeature(SDOXMLResourceImpl.java:362) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.setAttribValue(XMLHandler.java:2466)

Does there exist an example where a web service is called that returns a complex object (not only a string or an integer)?
Somethin like
public Comment createComment(String key,String reference,String caption,String body)throws Exception{
if(!ServiceHelper.checkKey(key)){
throw new Exception("key not known");
}
Comment comment=new Comment(key,reference,caption,body);
return comment;
}

It works when I send a complex object, such as a "Comment", but cannot receive it.

I am in a somehow desperate situation. I wanted the tuscany composition framework as part of my lecture notes and exercises for the course.

thanks for any help

Dr. Albert Rainer
EC3 - Electronic Commerce Competence Center
www.ec3.at
Donau-City Strasse 1
A-1220 Wien
Tel: +43 1 522 71 71 - 33